12 Golden Rules of Gun Safety
You never fool around or play with guns. Guns are very dangerous when they are not used or handled properly and can easily injure or kill you, and those around you. You get no second chances with a gun and you have to always follow the rules of gun safety to avoid accidents. Read these 12 golden rules of gun safety below.
The Best 12 Golden Rules of Gun Safety
- Always treat your gun as loaded.
- You should always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
- You should always keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
- You have always keep your gun unloaded until you are ready to use it.
- Never point the gun at anything that you don't intend to destroy.
- You should be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
- You have to learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the gun that you are using.
- Always use proper Ammunition.
- You have to be sure your weapon barrel is clear of obstructions before loading and shooting.
- Hold your shooting position for several seconds then the muzzle pointed in a safe direction and carefully unload the gun, if you fail to fire when the trigger is pulled.
- Don't rely on your gun's safety to keep it from firing.
- You have to be aware of your surroundings when you handling guns. So you don't trip or lose your balance and accidentally point or fire the gun at anything or anyone.
Gun Range Safety Rules
- Follow the best 12 golden rules of gun safety.
- You have to know and follow all the rules of the Shooting Range.
- Learn, listen and do what the Range Master tells you to do.
- Never behind the safety line in the case and uncase your gun at the shooting bench.
- Always keep your gun barrel pointed down-range.
- Always keep your gun in the safe until you intend to shoot.
- Always try to wear eye and ear protection when shooting.
- Never shoot at water or hard surfaces.
Hunting Safety Rules
- Always follow the 12 golden rules.
- When you hunting in a group, always pick one person to act as a Safety Officer for the trip or day.
- Establish and share everyone's fire zone with each other and have to know where everyone is at all times.
- Always keep your gun on safe until you intend to shoot.
- Never climb over anything with a loaded guns.
- Never use your rifle or gun scope as Binoculars.
- If you fall, control your muzzle. Afterward, check the gun for damage and obstructions in the barrel.
- Don't shoot; if you have doubt.
What Does It All Mean
It means that if these rules and proper etiquette are followed every time a gun is handled, no one would ever accidentally get hurt.
Owning a gun is a serious responsibility. Using the best value gun safe and keeping them out of the hands of individuals who should not have access to them are the two main priorities of a gun owner.
If you handle guns safely and responsibly, your surrounding people will do the same thing. You have to make sure that if you let someone use or handle your guns, they use them safely and responsibly. You should not let that person use or handle your guns if that is in doubt.
Get Trained About Gun Safety
If you are going to own a gun, for whatever reason, you should take a class from a certified instructor about gun safety, how to safely operate or shoot the gun. There are lots of schools and independent instructors out there who can train you.
What to Teach Children about gun
It's a responsibility for every parent to teach their child about gun safety, it doesn't matter you have guns in your home or not. It's your choice when you want to teach your children and how much to teach them. Below is some advice that we hope will help everyone on this issue.
Teach Young Children About Gun Safety
Young children are very curious and will certainly pick up a gun as if it was a toy because they don’t know any better. They should know what is the gun, how it looks, it's dangerous or not and that should not be touched. If they a gun, they should be touch or not.
They should teach the difference between toy guns and real guns. And the differences between movies and TV as compared to real life.
Gun Safety Rules Discuss with Teenagers
When children get older and can play independently outside of your watchful eye, they should be taught not to be around or accept a gun from anyone without your consent. If anyone is shown or offered to them they should come home immediately and tell the closest adult, you or Policeman. And only if you hand them a gun or with your approval should they touch one.
How to Use a Gun
At what age should you teach your children how to use a gun? It's a question only you as their parent can answer. You might start by remembering what age you learned to shoot, but the best advice we can give you is to ask yourself these questions. Do they understand the difference between a toy gun and a real gun? Can they hold the gun up and able to shoot it safely? Do they understand the safety rules? If you can answer yes to these questions they are probably ready. Keep in mind, always children learn from watching their parents. So if you handle your guns safely and take it seriously, they will do the same.
Rules for Safe Gun Storage
- Keep all your ammunition and guns out of the reach of untrained adults, children, and those who would use them improperly.
- Always keep your guns locked in the high-quality Gun Safe that cannot be easily broken into or taken away. If one is not available, use a Cable Lock or Trigger Lock and store the guns out of the reach of those who should not have access to them.
- Gun locks hidden and keep the keys to gun safes and out of the reach of those who should not have access to them.
- Store guns unloaded with the safety on.
- Keep your guns oiled, cleaned, and dry while in storage.
- Store your ammunition and guns in a dry cool place and away from heat and fire.
Always keep your guns secure in some way when you have children or untrained people in your home. You can buy the best gun safe under 500 dollars that able to hold your pistols, handguns, long rifles, or shotguns and you can buy a Cable or Trigger lock. Every gun owner and gun storage situation is different, but there is a locking method for every situation.
Also Read These: